Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Left Over Turkey? Make it into A-La-King!

A turkey or chicken left-over favourite from my friend Yvonne. It’s even worth roasting a turkey just to make this.  The "king" in this house really likes when the "queen" makes this!  The "princess" likes it too....


Turkey A-la-King
1 Can Mushrooms – drained (reserve ¼ Cup liquid)
½ Cup diced green or red pepper
¼ Cup diced onion or shallots
½ Cup butter
Sauté vegetables in butter for a few minutes
Add:
½ Cup Flour, ½ tsp. Salt, ¼ tsp. Pepper stirring constantly
for 1-2 minutes.
Stir In:
2 Cups light cream
1 ¾ Cups chicken or turkey broth
¼ Cup reserved mushroom liquid
Stir constantly till comes to a boil and thickens
Add:
2 Cups Cooked Turkey or Chicken – cut into bite size pieces
Add a cup or two of cooked peas or any left over vegetable (I like to use corn as well).
Heat gently till meat and peas are warmed.
I always add a sprinkle of cinnamon too.
Serve on warm freshly baked Patty Shells, tea biscuits, or bread
Tulips (made by cutting crusts off bread slices, butter,
and form into tart or muffin tins – toast in oven till slightly
browned). 
Serve this with a green salad and/or steamed green beans.

Long live the Queen.......

5 comments:

  1. YUM! one of my fav dishes of yours, mama!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes - I must add that the "Princess" likes it too :)!! I'll do it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Al a King....smiling at your "long live the queen":):)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your frame and screen idea for earrings sounds do-able. I have the frame....I'm going to get a piece of screen and try it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be our supper tonight! Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Leaping into February!

  Just turned the calendar page for February and LOVE the caption for this LOVE month on the doorstep. ...  and, there were tulips at the gr...