Saturday, January 7, 2012

Turkey Salad and Undecorating






Today is the last day for using up that bit of roasted turkey (I had frozen it but wanted to make use of it before I forgot I had it in the freezer).  It made a great salad for a first Saturday of the new year lunch.







Turkey Salad:
1 Cup of sliced grapes
1 Cup of diced celery
2 green onions - chopped
1/2 red pepper chopped
1/2 Cup grated cheddar cheese
3-4 Cups cooked diced turkey
1/2 Cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
Chopped parsley for garnish
Dressing - 1 Cup mayonnaise, 2 tsps. lemon juice, 2 heaping Tbsp. sour cream, 1 tsp. sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
Toss the ingredients with the dressing and serve on a bed of greens.  Add a spoon of cranberry sauce on the side if you still have some left over!  This would be good as a sandwich filling also.

Today was also the day that the decorations came down.  Even though I realize that today is still Christmas in the Ukraine!  I gave my German Smoker one last puff of incense and listened to a few more favourite Christmas carols, as I undecorated the tree and the bannister.  It's a big job but feels good to have it done for another year.  After I was all finished I enjoyed a wonderful cup of tea that I made in my new tea infuser - a gift from Becky.  So delicious Chocolate Chili Chai (especially with a splash of left-over Baileys).

How is your undecorating going?  Maybe you've been finished for quite some time already.



Next week - it's back to the gym, green smoothies, salads and lots of raw food.  I am thankful for being back into a healthier routine!

Blessings till next time....
Rosella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaping into February!

  Just turned the calendar page for February and LOVE the caption for this LOVE month on the doorstep. ...  and, there were tulips at the gr...