Saturday, February 25, 2012

Yorkshire Pudding



I've always wanted to try making
Yorkshire Pudding
and today was the perfect day to try it!
It's a stormy Saturday and I had an urge to
put a lovely Beef Roast in the
oven.
I haven't made a beef roast in a very long time
We are trying not to eat so much meat
and especially red meat!
But, today I splurged and, oh, it smelled so good and 
turned out lovely!
The pudding turned out fine too - although I can see
that I need a bit more practice with it!
Someday I hope to travel to England and
have a proper Yorkshire Pudding!





YORKSHIRE PUDDING
Simple on hand ingredients!
This recipe will make approx. 24 puddings.
4 eggs
Equal amount of milk (not skimmed) - approx. 1 1/4 Cups
Equal amount of flour - approx. 1 1/4 Cups
1/2 tsp. salt
Pepper to taste
Break eggs into a measuring cup.  Measure equal amounts of flour and of milk.  Mix flour and salt and pepper.  Beat eggs and milk together and then add it to the flour mixture.  Mix just until smooth.  Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.  Put 1/2 tsp. lard into each mold of two 12 cup muffin tins.  Heat the muffin tins and lard in a preheated 375 degree oven for 2-3 minutes or until very hot (not smoking).  Remove and quickly pour batter into each hot and greased cup to 1/3 full. Bake immediately for 30 minutes or until puffed and browned.  Puddings should be crispy on the outside and soft in the middle - they shrink a bit when they come out of the oven.  Serve them warm!




Smothered in gravy - these are a wonderful addition to your
favourite Roast Beef dinner!



Till next time ........  I need to clean up my messy kitchen - I think I am the messiest cook ever!

6 comments:

  1. OH they looks scrumptious Rosella. I can almost taste them. I have a yorkshire pudding pan....and I think it is time to get it out again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost smell your roast beef dinner! We love yorkshire pudding, and I make it for special occasions. Scott's mom made it often, and introduced me to the yummy treat. Mmmmm!
    And no, you aren't the messiest cook. I claim that title, and am very appreciative of a husband who helps me clean it up after dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make these regularly. My mother in law taught me how the first year we were married. They had us over just last week and she had yorkshires and roast beef for dinner. Scrumptious! I must post them on MGCC one of these days. Your's look just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't made these in years...but so enjoyed them with roast beef way-back-when. They look most inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm....I love to make these on Christmas with a rib roast! SO yummy! And you've made me hungry for a batch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours look great Rosella.
    My mom used to make these when I was a kid, and not being much of a gravy lover, I would slather them with butter. Mmm good. I once tried making them for 60 people for a party for my Grandmother-they turned out flat as pancakes and as dense as hockey pucks so into the trash they went. Fortunately only my Mom and I knew that we were making them so the guests were none the wiser.

    ReplyDelete

Eclipse clips

  Did you experience today's eclipse? Truly a once in a life-time experience. My day began with a gathering for coffee with my fellow re...