Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"RHUBY TUESDAY'S" Dream Bars

Rhubarb Dream Bars

During this season of plentiful Rhubarb, I would like to share some of my favourite Rhubarb recipes on "RHUBY TUESDAYS"!  Join me by posting your favourite Rhubarb recipes on Tuesdays during the months of May and June, if you will.....FOR THE LOVE OF RHUBARB!

Rhubarb Dream Bars


1 Cup Flour
5 Tbsp. Sugar
¼ Cup butter
Topping:
2 Eggs
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
¼ Cup Flour
3/4 tsp. salt
2 Cups Rhubarb – cut fine
Combine flour and sugar.  Cut in butter.  Press into a 9 X 9 cake pan.  Bake at 350F for 10 minutes.
Combine Eggs, sugar, flour, and salt.  Fold in rhubarb.  Spread over hot crust and bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes until lightly browned.



Those of you who know me well, know my passion for Rhubarb and how we've developed this into one of our church's annual community festivals - it's so much fun and the festival is coming up soon. Here is the poster for this year's event (designed by my talented "marketing director daughter" Becky).







2 comments:

  1. That looks sooo good! I love the thought of a festival all about rhubarb, which is one of my favorite foods. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could come to your festival...I love rhubarb! And your dream bars look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Leaping into February!

  Just turned the calendar page for February and LOVE the caption for this LOVE month on the doorstep. ...  and, there were tulips at the gr...