Friday, June 29, 2012

Moon Flowers

Have you ever experienced Moon Flowers?  At least that is what we call them - don't know their actual botanical name.  I have this sweet little patch at the edge of our back patio and every evening at dusk their cheery faces unfold right before your eyes - they are so amazing!  During the day the flowers die off but there are always many fresh buds just waiting to open that evening.

I'm always trying to capture this event with my camera - I set the stove timer for 9:10 p.m. and then run to the back to see if it's happening.  If it hasn't started yet the timer has been turned off and I get distracted with something else and once again miss getting it on video - ugh!

Finally, last weekend on a very warm evening I "caught it".  I had over 80 blooms on this particular evening (more than I've ever had)! So now it's taken me a whole week to finally figure out how to upload the video.  I tried everything and finally managed to upload this short 23 seconds to my facebook page.  I still don't know how to get it onto my blog but have "linked" it below. I sure am computer illiterate when it comes to this techie stuff!

Hope this link works for you.......

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10100297465938897



5 comments:

  1. The flowers are lovely, but the link didn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear - I'm so bad at this!! I've tried it again so maybe this one will be O.K. - here's hoping. I need to take a course or something!

      Delete
  2. I watched it and it worked...and kept waiting to hear your voice. Now you know how to do that...you can talk to us ...right?
    The flower unfurling is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe next time I'll figure out how to talk and film at the same time ;). I listened to the sounds too and heard the Robins chirping and our neighbour leaving our yard in his 4 wheeler.

      Delete
  3. I remember watching these amazing little flowers show their evening talent.what an amazing part of nature,you have a beautiful little plot of these fantastic flowers and how nice it is you get to enjoy this great event

    ReplyDelete

Leaping into February!

  Just turned the calendar page for February and LOVE the caption for this LOVE month on the doorstep. ...  and, there were tulips at the gr...