Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Peach and Roasted Pepper Bruschetta




Google tells us that today was Julia Child's birthdate.
I don't know about you but I absolutely loved
the movie called "Julie & Julia"
starring Meryl Streep and Amy Adams.
I have watched the DVD over and over
and have even made her famous
Beef Bourguignon - it is scrumptious.
I don't have the cookbook but have an abridge version
called Julia's Kitchen Wisdom.
The movie was the first time I had
ever heard of blogging - if you can imagine!

Well tonight I felt like cooking up something
that inspired me from the movie
namely the bruschetta that "Julie" whipped up
in that movie.


Peach and Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta

This recipe comes from my dear co-worker Julia Cheri Otterbein who makes magic in the college kitchen!
Just one more famous and delicious recipe from there....

1 Red Pepper - roasted
2 Peaches – peeled and diced
1 Cup Tomatoes – diced and seeded
1 Clove Garlic – minced
1 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Chopped fresh basil (I also added a bit of chopped parsley)
Salt and fresh ground pepper
1 baguette, sliced on the diagonal          
Roast the whole pepper on the grill or broiler, turning often, until well blackened.  Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.  When cooled – remove skin, stem and seeds.  Finely chop and put into bowl.  Add peaches, tomatoes, garlic, vinegar and basil.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Marinade for 30 minutes before serving or cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
Before serving, bring peach mixture to room temperature.
Lightly toast baguette slices on both sides – spoon peach mixture on top of toasts, top with a shard or two of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and enjoy!




Till next time .............. paging through Julia Childs book for some more inspiration!

P.S.  My posts might be just a tad scarce over the next month or so .......... there's a wedding coming up in exactly one month from today.  We are getting so excited.

P.S. Besides being Julia Childs birthdate today it's also my dear sister-in-law and brother-in-law's anniversary today!  Happy Anniversary to Glennis and Mark - love you guys!


3 comments:

  1. One month away! Wonderful. That bruschetta looks delicious. My Dear made me a strawberry souffle from Julia Child's cookbook on one of our first dates. He had her set of blue and red books. They must be over 40 years old...
    Thinking about you and all the events leading up to the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on "testing" this recipe like I do so many of yours and they always turn out very Tasty!
    Glennis

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting...one month to go! That bruschetta looks fabulous...with the peach salsa. I'm going to try something like that.

    ReplyDelete

Eclipse clips

  Did you experience today's eclipse? Truly a once in a life-time experience. My day began with a gathering for coffee with my fellow re...