Saturday, January 19, 2013

Turkey Pot Pie Soup


The last hurrah for the
Christmas Turkey!!
The bones were frozen and
today was the day for making
soup.




I added enough water to almost cover the bones,
seasoned with salt and pepper,
threw in a Bay leaf and simmered
for approx. 1 hour.







With slotted spoon scoop out the bones
and sieve the broth into a bowl.
Pick off any meat from the bones to add to 
the soup.











In a large pot,
brown some butter and add 
a diced onion, 
a Cup each of diced carrots and celery.
I also added some mushrooms






Cook and stir till onion is transparent.
Add 5-6 diced potatoes and 6 to 8 Cups of broth
Simmer till vegetables are tender.
Check for seasoning and add a dash or two of Cinnamon.





While soup is simmering make
the pot pie noodles:
1 Cup flour plus 1 tsp. salt mixed together
1 Large Egg whisked with 
1/2 egg shell full of water (approx. 2 Tbsp.)
Make a well in middle of flour and
add egg mixture - stir together until
you have a stiff dough.
Roll out the dough as thin as possible and 
cut into 1" squares.





Drop noodles into boiling chicken soup.
Cook for 10-15 minutes or until noodles are tender.




Enjoy .... hopefully there will be left-overs
because this soup tastes even better the 
next day!!






Till next time ...... watching Hockey Night in Canada?!





5 comments:

  1. So glad those hockey games are finally happening! That soup is calling to me... It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo. I don't know why I can't make noodles, but I can't. They are so delicious, too. I just stick with dumplings. Well now, you just wouldn't be Canadian without being a hockey lover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed! I think homemade noodles in that soup would be unbeatable.
    Having said, that ... I don't make my own noodles. Not yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy Rosella! that just looks so good. Our hockey night in Canada was not a great game...but hey, the season is only beginning..right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your soup....oh so delish looking!! Those noodles must have been so good. I love hockey.....we are not off to a great start but I'll keep cheering them on.

    ReplyDelete

Eclipse clips

  Did you experience today's eclipse? Truly a once in a life-time experience. My day began with a gathering for coffee with my fellow re...