Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch, Sugar Cookies, Curls, and Quilts!

Recently I read a post
from one of my favourite bloggers,


She had a typo in the recipe - can you spot it?
I overlooked it knowing what she meant but 
when she put out the contest challenge on her
next post
I was the lucky winner!!!!

Today, I received my prize in the mail ...


What a sweet story - THANK YOU SO MUCH JOANN!

Now - I must make those Sugar Cookies - just in time for V-Day!

This weekend was full of activity.
A party to say farewell to our long time country neighbours and
a hello to the new owners.




A good old fashioned
Progressive Crokinole Party
is alway a fun time.















We've been on the farm for
35 years and they were 
in the neighbourhood well before we were!









On Sunday was our Curling Club's annual Bonspiel.
Lot's of good fun and food,
and much needed exercise.


The rest of my weekend included a bit of quilting and dreaming about 
my upcoming days of retirement.

Only two weeks to go till every day will be a Saturday - so they say!



Till next time - how was your weekend?



9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got your book! Thanks for the nice shout out. I'm flattered. Hope you love the cookie recipe, too. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your posts because they come from your heart. It's so easy to see you enjoy every activity with friends and family. :) Happy Valentine's Day to you and the Farmer, and tell me more about your upcoming retirement!! Does that mean more travelling?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fun weekend. I'm off to Denver to visit my parents. Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you must have so many plans for retirement! I had to laugh about every day seeming like Saturday as I sometimes feel that way. Congrats on your win! You must have an editor's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a joy filled post filled with celebrations, fun, and something to really look forward to. Congratulations on your upcoming retirement! Love that neighbor gathering. Very special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you! How exciting, looking forward to weeks full of Saturdays!! :)

    Love that cake for the neighbors' farewell gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to win something and is this the first we have heard of a retirement? That surely is something to look forward to.
    May it be filled with the desires of your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That book looks like something I'll have to find for the crew in Edmonton.
    Retirement!? I have missed a lot and feel terrible that I have missed this. You must be so excited! I still have three years and am not sure if I'm going to make !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rosella, congrats on your upcoming retirement! That's fantastic! Here's the reason I love reading blogs from all over the world. Your weekend couldn't have been more different than mine - Crokinole (never heard of it), farm neighbors, curling and quilting. All of those things are so foreign to me (well, except quilting, but I've never done it), which makes it fascinating to read this post! Congratulations also on winning the book!

    ReplyDelete

Leaping into February!

  Just turned the calendar page for February and LOVE the caption for this LOVE month on the doorstep. ...  and, there were tulips at the gr...