Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Bright Spot!

Here we are on the Winter Solstice,
the shortest day,
the longest night!

On this short, first day of Winter - I had a bright spot ...
She was here for the day and we had so much fun.

We baked her favourite "muffins" - they are very green, toddler friendly,
and she really likes them!



Found this great spinach and applesauce recipe here:


I sometimes substitute a ripe banana instead for the applesauce - also approved by the wee one.


















It makes 8-9 regular size muffins or 16 mini muffins (which is how I bake them).













Yep, a spot of bright sunshine on this short day ....
My heart is full.


Till next time ......... may all your Christmas wishes and dreams come true! God bless us all!














7 comments:

  1. Oh Rosella, she is a sweetie for sure. So cute! Love that dark hair. I can't imagine what it will be like to hold my first little grandgirlie! Glad you had a wonderful day with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh! What a doll baby! You are truly blessed! Merry Christmas to you and your family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so cute!!! Enjoy every moment of the season!
    And I noticed your cabinets look a lot like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww...what a sweet little muffin eater in your kitchen. I see that she is watching the oven closely. I imagine that there'll be many more baking sessions in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't she the most darling thing?!

    Merry Christmas to you and yours, Rosella...and New Year blessings too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet little muffin! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweetie! A bright spot, indeed! I'm going to give those muffins a try - maybe I'll get my teenager to eat spinach, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Leaping into February!

  Just turned the calendar page for February and LOVE the caption for this LOVE month on the doorstep. ...  and, there were tulips at the gr...